Monday, April 30, 2012

Nutella-Filled Noms

Hello everyone! Welcome to my blog! I thought I'd choose something short and sweet (pun intended :P) for my first post. I'm currently studying abroad in Siena, Italy, which allows me to try all sort of Italian goodies, so I thought I'd share a few of them with you all before I head back to the States. 

The weekend before last I went on a short trip around Umbria, an Italian region not too far from Siena. On Saturday afternoon, after a full day of sight seeing in the town of Assisi, some friends and I stopped in a caffe for a quick snack. 


Isn't it lovely? I opted for a cappuccino and a Cuore di Nutella (both pictured above). The Cuore di Nutella was a little pastry heart filled with Nutella and topped off with a Nutella drizzle. Nomnom, indeed. The pastry was similar to a croissant, which worked with the Nutella to make a rich little treat. 

Because I'm a sucker for all things cute, I decided to try the Tortuga di Nutella as well. As you can probably guess from the photo above, the Tortuga di Nutella is a little turtle-shaped pastry, also filled with Nutella. Italians certainly love their Nutella, and I'm happy to benefit from their fondness of the hazlenut/chocolate combination. This pastry was similar to the heart, but reminded me more of puff pastry than a croissant. In terms of taste, I preferred  the Nutella heart, but I couldn't help but love the adorable little details on the turtle. Even the exterior of the pastry is decorated to imitate a tortoiseshell! In any case, I had such a nice time relaxing for a bit and enjoying these yummy and adorable treats before leaving Assisi. What a nice way to wrap up our trip!

Anyway, that's just about it for my first post. How did I do? I hope you enjoyed it. I'll be sure to post again soon. I can't wait to share some more Italian noms with you all! 

3 comments:

  1. Wow,that's a lot of Nutella.What are you doing in class this weekend?And where is the subscribe button for this lovely blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey BG! Thanks for my first comment! :D

    In my cooking class this coming Sunday we're learning to make focaccia and pizza, both from scratch. It's the last weekend of my program and my second to last weekend in Siena, so I think it's going to be a great way to wrap up my Study Abroad experience. I have grand plans to post about both classes some time next week.

    Also, I'm thinking of doing a post on the three best gelato spots I've found in Siena. I swear this has nothing to do with my desire to eat lots of gelato before I leave :P

    Finally, I believe that under the comment box there should be a link that says "Subscribe by e-mail". I'm currently logged in through my gmail account though, so I'm not sure if that changes things. I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just hit that link and now it says unsubscribe...so we shall see what we shall see LOL

    ReplyDelete