Friday, February 15, 2013


Berries, Berries, Berries! Who doesn't love a bowl of fresh berries? Last Sunday, I stopped by the Farmer's Market in Claremont with absolutely no idea what I might be looking for. Well, it took me about 30 seconds to find out. Almost immediately after I arrived I spotted a table absolutely covered with beautiful blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries. I was a bit skeptical of berries in February (I had always thought of them as a summer fruit; I guess I was mistaken? I really need to pay better attention to when certain produce is in season!), but I tried a sample of each type and I was sold. They were so juicy, fresh, and sweet I couldn't help but by a small carton each of blueberries, raspberries, and  strawberries from another vendor.

After many handfuls of berries, I decided to dress them up a bit. The berries were yummy on their own, but topping a bowlful of them with whipped cream turned them into an indulgent treat. (Although this whole dessert was only 1 WW point; So this is pretty healthy way to indulge!)


                                          Berries, Cream, and Sprinkles; Photo taken by me

Isn't it a pretty mix of colors? The sprinkles really weren't necessary, but I happened to have them in my room and I always feel they add a touch of whimsy to desserts. Plus, I made this treat a few day's before Valentine's Day and I am a sucker for anything cute, pink, and heart-shaped. Hehe.


Speaking of Valentine's Day, I made a cute, festive treat yesterday but I will wait to post about them for now. I made them for a friend and I would hate to ruin the surprise!


No comments:

Post a Comment